Cite This Page
Anna Karenina Part 7, Chapter 11 Summary Page 1
- As Levin goes home, he continues thinking of Anna: everything they said to each other, each look on her face, each gesture..
- Levin goes in to see his wife. She is sad and depressed because her sisters left after dinner, leaving her alone with no one to whom she can talk.
- She asks him about his day, and soon learns that he met Anna.
- Kitty busts into sobs when she realizes that Levin has fallen in love with Anna. She further chastises him for drinking and gambling.
- Levin tells her that the longer they stay in the city, the more confused he gets, because there is nothing to do but eat, drink, and talk.
- The two of them talk until three in the morning, when they are finally reconciled enough to sleep.