by Leo Tolstoy
Anna Karenina Part 8, Chapter 6 Summary
- When Koznyshev and Katavasov arrive at Levin's house, Kitty is sitting on the balcony with her father and sister.
- She runs down to greet her guests, shows them where to wash up, and then runs back up to the balcony.
- She asks her sister to entertain the guests, and then she heads to the nursery. She feels a gush of milk in her breasts, signaling that Dmitri (whose nickname is Mitya) hasn't been fed enough.
- Mitya is screaming as Kitty walks into the nursery. Due to the impatience of mother and son, it takes forever for them to get settled.
- Once settled down, Kitty and Miss Agatha chat for a bit.
- Kitty already feels a strong spiritual connection to her son, although others in the family view him only as a thing that needs material care.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...