by Edgar Allan Poe
Annabel Lee Questions
Bring on the tough stuff - there’s not just one right answer.
- Do you think this poem is about true love or about scary obsession? Can someone feel both feelings at the same time, or does one cancel out the other?
- Do you get a picture in your mind of the speaker? If so, where does it come from? How do you think Poe builds his character over the course of the poem?
- Is real love possible at a young age? Do you need to be fully grown in order to really fall in love?
- Do you think the end of this poem is beautiful? Do you think its weird subject matter makes it more or less appealing?
- Would you date Edgar Allan Poe? Sorry, we couldn't resist.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...