Anne Hathaway Questions
Bring on the tough stuff - there’s not just one right answer.
- Does Anne Hathaway succeed in her goal to explain the rationale behind Shakespeare's will?
- What is the relationship between writing and sex in the poem?
- Does Anne just copy her husband's poetry, or can her poem stand alone without the influence of Shakespeare's sonnets?
- What is the relationship between poetry and prose in the poem?
- Why does Duffy reference so many of the tools of poetry (rhyme, assonance, etc.)?
- According to this poem, what is Anne's relationship with Shakespeare like?
- How does the author, Carol Ann Duffy, fit in here? Does she identify with Anne, or is she completely distant from the poem's emotion?
Next Page: Best of the Web
Previous Page: Quotes