The Tragedy of Antony and Cleopatra Act III, Scene v Summary
- The plot thickens in Athens, as Enobarbus and Eros let us in on how deep the treachery runs.
- Caesar used Lepidus’s forces to defeat Pompey, but denied him his share of the spoils of the battle.
- Further, Caesar has accused Lepidus of siding with Pompey, and has imprisoned him and taken his share of the triumvirate’s power.
- Caesar has also had some shady dealings in getting an officer of Lepidus’s to murder Pompey, which Antony is furious about.
- Antony prepares his naval fleet to battle Caesar in Rome.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...