AP® Computer Science
Get with the program.
Can't tell an is-a from a has-a? Wondering why getPenguin returns the number of penguins, while Getpenguin only gets you...penguins? With Shmoop's guide to the AP Computer Science A exam, your mind can take flight. Unlike those poor penguins.
In this guide, you'll learn
- how computer programming is exactly like writing an essay (except without that whole five paragraph thing).
- why class design isn't (always) about making sure you get the cutest lab partner in chemistry, even if you're sure you two would have, um, chemistry.
- how you can use your code to help Great Aunt Viola sort her seriously grody fridge.
Don't just iPhone it in. Get your Steve Jobs on and rock out on the AP Computer Science exam.
What's Inside Shmoop's Online AP Computer Science Test Prep
Shmoop is a labor of love from folks who love to teach. Our Test Prep resources will help you prepare for exams with fun, engaging, and relatable materials that bring the test to life.
Inside the AP Computer Science Test Prep, you'll find
- a diagnostic exam to figure out where you're struggling before you even begin.
- two full-length practice exams that mimic the look and feel of the exam.
- answer explanations to help figure out where you went wrong…or right.
- test-taking tips to help you break down a lengthy exam.
- loads of practice drills.
- review of object-oriented program design, including program and class design.
- refreshers on program implementation, including implementation techniques, programming constructs, java library classes, algorithm analysis, and more.
- information on standard data structures, including simple data types, classes, lists, and array.
- checkups on standard algorithms, including operations on data structures, searching, and sorting.
- review of computing in context.
We have online Test Prep for each and every AP Exam!
- AP Art History
- AP Biology
- AP Calculus AB & BC
- AP Capstone
- AP Chemistry
- AP Chinese Language and Culture
- AP Comparative Government and Politics
- AP Computer Science
- AP English Language and Composition
- AP English Literature and Composition
- AP Environmental Science
- AP European History
- AP French Language and Culture
- AP German Language and Culture
- AP Human Geography
- AP Italian Language and Culture
- AP Japanese Language and Culture
- AP Latin
- AP Macroeconomics
- AP Microeconomics
- AP Music Theory
- AP Physics 1
- AP Physics 2
- AP Physics B
- AP Physics C
- AP Psychology
- AP Spanish Language and Culture
- AP Spanish Literature and Culture
- AP Statistics
- AP Studio Art
- AP U.S. History
- AP U.S. Government & Politics
- AP World History
AP is a registered trademark of the College Board, which was not involved in the production of, and does not endorse, this product.