AP® Studio Art
Put on your 3-D glasses. The show's about to start.
AP Studio Art might be the weird and artsy outcast of the AP family, but don't underestimate the power of the only AP exam that isn't actually a test. If you spend your free time designing 3-D installations that represent your feelings about first period, weaving tapestries that depict the life and times of President Andrew Jackson, or sketching charcoal studies of sports stars holding watermelons, check out our guide to kicking butt on your AP Studio Art portfolio.
In this guide, you'll learn about
- the rules and requirements of portfolio submission.
- the difference between Pollock and the guy who made the things that look like something Pollock might have thrown away (but only if you squint).
- more elements and principles of design than you can shake a stick at.
What to do when you're suffering from a crippling case of Blank Canvas Syndrome? No, the answer is not "taking one of those showers where you sit in the corner with your clothes on."
What's Inside Shmoop's Online AP Studio Art Test Prep
Shmoop is a labor of love from folks who love to teach. Our Test Prep resources will help you prepare for exams with fun, engaging, and relatable materials that bring the test to life.
Inside Shmoop's guide to the AP Studio Art exam, you'll find
- printable checklists to help you keep track of your portfolio progress.
- 2-D design, drawing, and 3-D design portfolios.
- review of elements and principles of design, including line, shape, texture, and more.
We have online Test Prep for each and every AP Exam!
- AP Art History
- AP Biology
- AP Calculus AB & BC
- AP Capstone
- AP Chemistry
- AP Chinese Language and Culture
- AP Comparative Government and Politics
- AP Computer Science
- AP English Language and Composition
- AP English Literature and Composition
- AP Environmental Science
- AP European History
- AP French Language and Culture
- AP German Language and Culture
- AP Human Geography
- AP Italian Language and Culture
- AP Japanese Language and Culture
- AP Latin
- AP Macroeconomics
- AP Microeconomics
- AP Music Theory
- AP Physics 1
- AP Physics 2
- AP Physics B
- AP Physics C
- AP Psychology
- AP Spanish Language and Culture
- AP Spanish Literature and Culture
- AP Statistics
- AP Studio Art
- AP U.S. History
- AP U.S. Government & Politics
- AP World History