Die Heuning Pot Literature Guide
Schools & Districts
All of Shmoop
Cite This Page
Apollo and Daphne
Apollo and Daphne
Catch Me If You Can True or False Quiz
Best of the Web
Think You Got it Down?
Test your knowledge again:
Catch Me If You Can
Apollo and Daphne: Catch Me If You Can True or False
1. Why is Apollo so full of himself at the beginning of the story? What has he just accomplished? -> b. He has just killed the Python of Delphi.
2. What does Apollo do to offend Cupid? -> b. He insults Cupid's mom, Aphrodite.
3. What does Cupid do to Apollo in revenge? -> a. He shoots him with a gold-tipped arrow.
4. What do Cupid's gold-tipped arrows do? -> c. They make people fall madly in love with the first person they see.
5. What do Cupid's lead-tipped arrows do? -> b. They make people feel indifferent to the first person they see.
6. What happens when Apollo is struck in the heart with Cupid's gold-tipped arrow? -> a. He sleeps for eight days.
7. What happens when Daphne is struck in the heart with Cupid's lead-tipped arrow? -> b. She forgets who she is.
8. What does Daphne ask her father to do? -> c. She asks her father to let her remain a virgin forever.
9. What does Daphne's father, Peneus, do in the end? -> a. He turns Daphne into a laurel tree.
10. What does Apollo do after Daphne is turned into a laurel tree? -> b. He makes the laurel tree his sacred tree, and gives it a bit of his youth.
11. How was the laurel tree used in ancient Greek culture? -> a. Its sap was used to make many different kinds of medicine.
© 2014 Shmoop University, Inc. All rights reserved. We love your brain and respect your privacy. |
© 2014 Shmoop University, Inc. All rights reserved. We love your brain and respect your privacy.