Arms and the Boy
Arms and the Boy Questions
Bring on the tough stuff - there’s not just one right answer.
- Will poems like "Arms and the Boy" ever help put an end to war? Why or why not?
- Whom does the poem blame for the horrors of war, if anybody? How can you tell?
- Is there any hope in this poem? If so, where is it?
- How would you characterize the boy about whom the speaker's talking?
- Who do you think the speaker is? And who's he talking to? What's his motivation? Why does he want the boy to see all the bloodthirstiness in his weaponry?