Arms and the Boy
Arms and the Boy Questions
Bring on the tough stuff - there’s not just one right answer.
- Will poems like "Arms and the Boy" ever help put an end to war? Why or why not?
- Whom does the poem blame for the horrors of war, if anybody? How can you tell?
- Is there any hope in this poem? If so, where is it?
- How would you characterize the boy about whom the speaker's talking?
- Who do you think the speaker is? And who's he talking to? What's his motivation? Why does he want the boy to see all the bloodthirstiness in his weaponry?
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
Lines Composed a Few Miles above Tintern Abbey, on Revisiting the Banks of the Wye during a Tour, July 13, 1798 - Learning Guide
Noodle's College Search