As I Lay Dying
by William Faulkner
As I Lay Dying Section Thirty-Seven, narrated by Darl Summary
- Cash lies on the bank. He’s alive, albeit covered in vomit.
- Dewey Dell cleans his face with the hem of her dress.
- Vernon and Jewel are busy looking for Cash’s tools in the river. Vardaman keeps an eye on the rope that they’re both tied to.
- Jewel finds many of Cash’s tools in the water.
- Anse complains about being the most unfortunate man to have ever lived.
- Cash comes to. He has broken the same leg he once broke by falling off the church.