As I Lay Dying
by William Faulkner
As I Lay Dying Section Fifty-One, narrated by Vardaman Summary
- The cement around Cash’s leg is blackened. Anse tries to break the cast off.
- Gillespie wonders why they ever put cement on it without greasing it up first. Anse claims he had the boy’s best interest at heart.
- Darl is nowhere to be found until Vardaman sees him lying on Addie’s coffin, crying.
- Dewey Dell applies a butter ointment onto Jewel’s burnt back.
- Darl continues to cry over Addie’s coffin while Vardaman tries to console him.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...