As I Lay Dying Section Fifty-Eight, narrated by Dewey Dell Summary
- Anse finds the ten dollars that Dewey Dell was going to use for an abortion.
- He demands to know where she got the money from. Dewey Dell denies that it is hers, saying it belongs to Cora and that she got it by selling Cora’s cakes in town.
- Anse guilt trips Dewey Dell. He says that he does so much for her and doesn’t expect anything in return, and now she won’t even lend him ten dollars.
- Dewey Dell insists over and over that it is not hers and she doesn’t have the right to give it away.
- Anse takes the money from Dewey Dell.