As You Like It
As You Like It Act 2, Scene 5 Summary
- Amiens (another lord attending Duke Senior) enters singing a song about how much fun it is to run around the countryside singing.
- Jaques begs him to keep singing.
- Amiens counters it will only make Jaques more melancholy.
- Still, since Jaques loves to be unhappy, he wants Amiens to keep singing. He says "I can suck melancholy/ out of a song as a weasel sucks eggs. More, I prithee, more."
- Amiens points out that Duke Senior has been looking for Jaques all day, and Jaques points out he's been avoiding the Duke all day.
- Jaques sings a mean little verse he's made up about men's foolishness for leaving the court, and announces he'll sleep while Amiens finds the Duke to come to the evening's banquet.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
Noodle's College Search