ASVAB Test Prep
Educating Private Ryan.
Greetings, Shmoopers! Welcome to the ASVAB, or the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery for short. We're charged up to be here with you. Thinking of a career in the military but don't know how to fly a fighter jet? We're got you covered. The ASVAB covers nine (yes, nine) topics to help determine if you qualify to enlist in the military and to help assign you to a job once you get in.
In this guide, you'll learn
- about circuits and transistors and currents, oh my!
- why there's nothing more fun than applied physics.
- that there's no such thing as too many acronyms
And much more.
What's Inside Shmoop's Online ASVAB Test Prep
Shmoop is a labor of love from folks who love to teach. Our Test Prep resources will help you prepare for exams with fun, engaging, and relatable materials that bring the test to life.
Inside Shmoop's Guide to the ASVAB, you'll find
- ASVAB test practice that won't make you pass out, panic, or any of those other p-words. (Prepared? Yeah, we got that covered.)
- hundreds of explanations, examples, and exercises on every major (and not-so-major) topic you need to know for the exam. Well, nine exams.
- more than 900 practice problems.
- answer explanations to help figure out where you went wrong…or right.
- two full-length, timed, practice tests.
- review of arithmetic reasoning, including number operations, factors and multiples, averages and probability, and more.
- refreshers on life science, including cells, heredity, living systems, and more.
- checkups on math knowledge, including expressions, inequalities, shapes, and more.
- information on general science, including physical, earth, and life sciences.
- notes on mechanical comprehension, including principles of mechanical devices, mechanical motion, and fluid dynamics.
- information on assembling objects, including puzzles and connections
- automotive and shop information.
- brush-up on word knowledge, including words roots, prefixes, and suffixes
- review of electronics, including electrical current, circuits, and electrical devices and systems.