by Ayn Rand
Cherryl Brooks Taggart Timeline and Summary
- While working at a dime store, Cherryl meets James Taggart.
- James starts dating her.
- She is humiliated at a party she attends with James.
- James proposes, and she accepts.
- The press labels her "Cinderella Girl."
- She stays in her crappy apartment until the wedding.
- At the wedding, she confronts Dagny and tells her off.
- Cherryl grows to realize the type of man James really is and has fights with him.
- She apologizes to Dagny for her earlier harsh words.
- Dagny tries to help Cherryl overcome her depression.
- Cherryl discovers that James had an affair.
- They have a violent argument and James hits her.
- A despairing Cherryl commits suicide.