James Taggart Timeline and Summary
- James has a series of confrontations with Dagny and Eddie.
- He has an affair with Betty Pope.
- He meets with Orren Boyle and Wesley Mouch.
- He freaks out over the San Sebastián Mine disaster.
- He tries to con Dagny into participating in a radio debate about Rearden Metal, but she refuses.
- He becomes upset with Dagny over the plan for the John Galt Line, but he takes credit for the plan when it succeeds.
- He meets Cherryl Brooks.
- He marries Cherryl.
- At the reception, he bonds with Lillian.
- He is present at the meeting where Directive 10-289 is discussed.
- He furiously confronts Dagny after the Taggart Tunnel disaster.
- He is less than thrilled to learn that his sister survived her plane crash.
- He has several violent arguments with Cherryl.
- He sleeps with Lillian Rearden.
- He hits Cherryl during a fight. Later that night, she commits suicide.
- He tries to grow closer to Dagny after Cherryl's suicide.
- He is present when John Galt is tortured, which results in his mental breakdown.
Next Page: Eddie Willers Timeline
Previous Page: Francisco d'Anconia