by Ayn Rand
Lillian Rearden Timeline and Summary
- Lillian mocks Hank when he gives her his Rearden Metal bracelet.
- She throws an anniversary party and invites people Hank dislikes.
- Dagny confronts Lillian over the bracelet and makes her trade it for a diamond one.
- Lillian learns that Hank is having an affair, but she doesn't know who with.
- She bonds with James at his wedding reception.
- She learns that Hank is having an affair with Dagny and they argue.
- She tells James about the affair, which leads to Hank being blackmailed.
- Hank files for divorce.
- Lillian asks James for help and they sleep together.
- Hank gets his divorce.
- A furious Lillian confronts Hank and is crushed when he is indifferent towards her.