Atum (Tem) Sightings
- Utterance 215 of the Pyramid Texts 3001BC - 2001BC
In this Pyramid Text, King Unas flies up to the sky as a star. The narrator requests Atum to give him a huge hug and draw him up to Heaven. So cuddly!
- Spell 80 of the Coffin Texts 3001BC - 2001BC
In this text, Shu narrates all the awesome things his dad has done. Thing Number One: creating the world.
- The Book of the Dead 2001BC - 1001BC
Atum is called "Great One of the Waters," which references his watery beginnings. In another spell, the author actually claims he's as strong as Atum, but we kind of doubt it.
- Thutmose III Inscription 2001BC - 1001BC
The viceroy (governor) of Kush, in Nubia, proclaimed Thutmose III as a great pharaoh. How? By calling Thut a "son of Atum."
- Hymn to Atum 401BC - 301BC
This hymn is all about creation. Recap: by, um, pleasuring himself, Atum spurted out creative juices into his mouth, then sneezed out Shu, the wind, and Tefnut, the rain.