Mr. Martin Timeline and Summary
- Along with his wife, shows up late for his dinner engagement with the Smiths.
- Can't remember who Mrs. Martin is.
- Figures out he traveled on the same train and same car as Mrs. Martin.
- Deduces that he lives on the same street and sleeps in the same bed.
- Discovers that they both have a daughter named Alice with one red and one white eye.
- Concludes that Mrs. Martin must be his wife Elizabeth.
- Goes to sleep.
- While he's asleep, Mary tells us that he's actually not who he thinks he is at all.
- Wakes up and vows that he and Mrs. Martin will never forget each other again.
- Makes awkward conversation with the Smiths.
- Announces that he saw a man quietly reading the paper.
- Sides with Mr. Smith in the great doorbell debate.
- Listens to the Fire Chief's crazy stories.
- Is affronted when Mary wants to tell a story.
- Starts spouting crazy nonsense like everybody else at the end of the play.
- Begins the play again in place of Mr. Smith.