The Bald Soprano
Cite This Page
Mr. Smith Timeline and Summary
- Clicks his tongue and reads the paper while his wife babbles about a lot of randomness.
- Discusses with his wife the bizarre medical practices of Dr. Mackenzie.
- Comments that Bobby Watson has died.
- Gets in a confusing conversation with his wife about the Watson family; it's mostly confusing because everyone in the family is named Bobby Watson.
- Insults his wife, saying she asks lot of stupid questions.
- Bickers with his wife.
- Tries to make up with his wife by making a pass at her.
- Greets Mary, the maid, as she enters.
- Tells Mary to let in the Martins.
- Goes upstairs to change.
- Reenters, apparently having forgotten to change.
- Makes awkward conversation with the Martins.
- Engages with his wife in the great doorbell debate.
- Eventually, answers the door, letting in the Fire Chief.
- Discusses the poor state of the fire business with the Chief.
- Listens to the Fire Chief's crazy fables.
- Is terribly offended when Mary wants to tell stories of her own.
- Helps to shove Mary offstage, separating her from her long lost love, the Fire Chief.
- Starts spouting lots of nonsense like everybody else.
- Is replaced by Mr. Martin.