The Bald Soprano
Mrs. Martin Timeline and Summary
- Along with her husband, shows up late for his dinner engagement with the Smiths.
- Can't remember who Mr. Martin is.
- Figures out she traveled on the same train and same car as Mr. Martin.
- Deduces that she lives on the same street and sleeps in the same bed.
- Discovers that they both have a daughter named Alice with one read and one white eye.
- Concludes that Mr. Martin must be her husband Donald.
- Goes to sleep.
- While she's asleep, Mary tells us that he's actually not who he thinks he is at all.
- Wakes up and vows that she and Mr. Martin will never forget each other again.
- Makes awkward conversation with the Smiths.
- Announces that she saw a man tying his shoelace today.
- Sides with Mrs. Smith in the great doorbell debate.
- Listens to the Fire Chief's crazy stories.
- Is affronted when Mary wants to tell a story.
- Starts spouting crazy nonsense like everybody else at the end of the play.
- Begins the play again in place of Mrs. Smith.