Bartholomew and the Oobleck
Bartholomew and the Oobleck Paragraphs 98-104 Summary
- If we had any doubts about just where the real problem was, the outside manifestation of the story's main problem (oobleck) bursts into the real heart of the problem (inside the castle).
- Literally—it bursts in. Through the ceiling, the windows, the keyholes… there's no stopping it.
- In this way the oobleck is behaving pretty much like a giant, flashing red arrow.
- "It's inside, people. The problem is In. Side."
- Thankfully, Bartholomew reacts in a manner that shows a lot of character growth: he issues commands.
- "Go back to your beds," he says. "Get under your blankets." As the adults reach the peak of their incompetence, Bartholomew has gone from being the voice of reason to acting on his voice of reason to shouting his voice of reason until people listen.