Beautiful Creatures 10.09 (3) Summary
How It All Goes Down
- If you're confused about anything so far, in the first paragraph of this chapter, Ethan gives a great recap of everything that's happened. Thanks, E.
- Waking up from a bad dream, Ethan looks outside and sees Amma get into a pickup truck.
- Even though Amma is a grown woman who can really do whatever she wants with her time, Ethan decides to follow her.
- She heads to Wader's Creek, where she lives. Human population: 1 (Amma); gator population: ??? Are those teeth marks in those rafts?
- Amma goes into her house, but Ethan lurks outside. Eventually, Amma emerges wearing her Sunday best.
- Ethan watches as some strange events transpire with her in the swamp: a few voodoo-like rituals, a mysterious appearance by Macon Ravenwood, and a lot of talk over whether or not Ethan has powers.
- (He sure picked a good time to eavesdrop.)
- To call on the Greats—Amma's ancestors who were all Seers like she is—Amma puts out an offering of shrimp, grits, and lemon meringue pie. Not all together, we hope.
- Oh, Amma and Macon also have a heavy conversation about the fate of the world. You know, the usual.
- In the midst of it, Macon says, "We need to know the whereabouts of Saraf—" (10.09.60), but Amma cuts him off. Who are they talking about? Sarah Ferguson? Unlikely, but we just love guessing games.
- Before they part, Amma gives Macon a small string of tiny beads. She calls it Graveyard Bone and instructs Macon to give it to Lena, saying it will protect her.
Next Page: 10.10
Previous Page: 10.09 (2)