by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl
Beautiful Creatures 2.05 Summary
How It All Goes Down
The Battle of Honey Hill
- Six days left and still no progress on saving Lena from the Claiming.
- Ethan finally has a Book of Moons breakthrough: he's able to translate a Cast into English with the help of a Latin dictionary.
- Lena says it a Locator Cast, which is also a Spoken Cast—something Lena's never done before.
- Well, what the heck. She tries it anyway, but it doesn't go as planned. A nearby tree spontaneously combusts.
- A few days later, Lena stops speaking to Ethan, but he doesn't know why. (This girl is kind of moody, huh?)
- Ethan drives to Ravenwood, which now looks like a prison, complete with barred windows.
- Lena's rocking a prison jumpsuit stamped with her birth date.
- Confession time: Lena tells Ethan she's distancing herself because she can't bear to lose him.
- Ethan gives up trying to talk sense into her and leaves for school.
- While listening to Mr. Lee, the history teacher, talk about the Battle of Honey Hill, Ethan looks out the window and sees a line of black cars heading for Ravenwood. It's quite distracting. Ethan describes it as "some kind of funeral procession, only for a funeral that hadn't happened yet" (2.05.29). He seems pretty resigned to the worst-case scenario.
- Link shows Ethan his new tattoo: a cartoon Ridley in a schoolgirl uniform. We sure hope that thing washes off with soap and warm water.
- He also says that Ridley is planning a surprise party for Lena's birthday.
- Oh, and he's changed his band's name to the Holy Rollers, and they're going to play at this surprise party. Well, then.
- Ethan is supposed to attend the Battle of Honey Hill reenactment, but he's a little distracted by the upcoming battle for Lena's future.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...