by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl
Beautiful Creatures 2.11 (4) Summary
How It All Goes Down
- Ethan and Lena are reeling from Sarafine's revelation that they can never be together. This is worse than Romeo and Juliet.
- Macon and Sarafine continue to play tug-of-war with Lena, her fate, and her feelings.
- But sick of talking, Hunting, Macon's brother, attacks Macon. Fighting ensues: with Larkin's help, Hunting renders Macon and Boo unconscious; and Lena and Sarafine have a literal firefight, setting the field ablaze. This is getting intense.
- Ethan runs with Link to Ravenwood to fetch Ryan. He hopes her healing powers can help Macon. (And honestly, we don't have any better ideas.)
- After a detour through the Caster Library tunnels, Ethan and Link reach Ravenwood.
- With the Light Casters in tow, Ethan travels back through the catacombs to Greenbrier.
- Ethan discovers that The Book of Moons, which disappeared that morning, has found its way back to its resting place on the stone dais in the crypt.
- Unfortunately, Ethan doesn't have time to wonder how the book ended up there. The surrounding field is on fire.
- Lena has climbed to safety atop the crypt, but the fire is moving in fast. Lena says she's stuck.
- Ethan climbs up to help her get down, but Sarafine is there waiting. Oh, and she can listen in on Ethan and Lena's telepathic thoughts.
- Suddenly, Sarafine stabs Ethan, and he falls to the ground.
- And just like that, the narrative shifts to Lena's point-of-view.
- With Amma's help, Lena recites the resurrection spell from The Book of Moons.
- Then a lot of confusing stuff happens. Here's the laundry list:
- (1) At first Lena is afraid the Cast didn't work. Ethan's still lying motionless on the ground.
- (2) Then the moon returns and Lena surges with heat and power.
- (3) To vent her power, she vaporizes Hunting, Larkin, and Sarafine with lightning. At least she thinks she does.
- (4) It starts to rain, clearing Lena's vision.
- (5) Then she sees Macon lying where Ethan had been moments before.
- (6) Amma explains to Lena that she can't ask anything from The Book of Moons without a trade. (Remember that one?)
- (7) Uncle Macon is dead, which means that Ethan is still alive.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...