Beautiful Creatures 2.12 Summary
How It All Goes Down
- We're back to Ethan's POV after Lena's little detour at the end of the previous chapter.
- Ethan wasn't aware of everything that happened after he got stabbed, but he saw that Macon had died.
- By using the Book, Lena has blocked herself from being Claimed. That means Sarafine, Hunting, and Larkin were able to escape.
- Ethan and Lena fell asleep on the floor of her bedroom at Ravenwood.
- When Ethan wakes up, Lena is gone. He discovers that her walls—previously covered in writing—are all blank, except for one sorrowful poem.
- Ethan finds Lena crying in the crypt. She's remembering all the mean things she said to Macon before he died—she can never apologize for them or take them back.
- Ethan promises that he will never let Lena go.
- Now he notices that her eyes have changed—one is green, the other is gold.
- Ethan reflects on everything that's happened over the last few months: "It's crazy what you see if you aren't really looking" (2.12.45).
- When he turns on his iPod, he discovers a new song: "Seventeen Moons."
- Looks like the story isn't over yet.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
Noodle's College Search