Because of Winn-Dixie Chapter 10 Summary
- Opal dumps everything on Gloria Dump (pun intended): the move to Naomi, her mom, her dad, the Dewberry boys, Sweetie Pie Thomas, her job.
- Gloria doesn't mind being dumped on—verbally, that is. She really listens.
- When Opal finishes, Gloria tells her they should figure out if she also has a green thumb like her mama.
- She teaches her to plant a "wait-and-see tree" seed. They need to wait for it to grow to find out what kind of tree it is (10.12). Opal can't wait to come back the next day to see her seed and Gloria.
- Later that night, Opal tells the preacher about everything when he tucks her into bed: her job, making friends, and Sweetie Pie's party. The preacher kisses her and Winn-Dixie goodnight.
- Before jumping on Opal's bed, Winn-Dixie opens his mouth wide at the preacher, like he's laughing. The preacher totally laughs back! We know, it's crazy.
- Then up to the bed he jumps. The not-so-mangy-anymore dog is asleep before Opal can even give him a kiss goodnight.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...