Marjorie Harvey Timeline and Summary
- Marjorie asks Warren to dance with Bernice.
- At home, Marjorie (not knowing she's being overheard) complains to her mother about boring Bernice.
- Marjorie responds coldly to Bernice's accusations, criticizes her bluntly, and tells her cousin she might as well go home. Bernice flounces off.
- Bernice comes down and the cousins have a second argument, in which Marjorie derides the idea of the "womanly woman" (56).
- Marjorie, unperturbed, goes on an afternoon date after her two blowouts with Bernice.
- When Marjorie returns, Bernice submits to being made over by her cousin, inside and out.
- Marjorie begins popularity boot camp right away.
- After Bernice's social re-debut, Marjorie touches base with her – the makeover is a success.
- Marjorie claims that Bernice and Warren's relationship doesn't matter to her.
- Marjorie coldly confronts Bernice, telling her that Warren doesn't really care about her.
- At the bridge party, Marjorie outs Bernice, telling everyone that she won't ever really bob her hair.
- Marjorie taunts Bernice in front of everyone else.
- After the haircut, Marjorie triumphantly reclaims Warren, asking him to take her to run some errands. The pair desert Bernice.
- Marjorie disingenuously apologizes for goading Bernice into bobbing her hair; while she's doing it, she smugly braids her own long, golden locks.
- The sleeping Marjorie unknowingly receives a horrible haircut of her own.
Next Page: Warren McIntyre Timeline
Previous Page: Bernice