Bernice Bobs Her Hair
Cite This Page
Warren McIntyre Timeline and Summary
- Warren, wandering through the dance partner-less, agrees to dance with Bernice for Marjorie's sake.
- Bored, Warren half-heartedly flirts with Bernice – and fails.
- Warren is offended by Bernice's apparently judgmental attitude towards Jim and Ethel.
- At the next dance, Warren can't believe his eyes – Bernice is suddenly besieged by tons of partners.
- Warren notices that Bernice is actually pretty.
- G. Reece Stoddard and Warren collide, and the latter is shocked to see G. Reece make a beeline for Bernice.
- Warren and Bernice become something of an item – he visits her every day and they talk constantly on the phone.
- Warren picks Bernice up for the bridge party, just after Marjorie confronts her about him.
- When Marjorie questions Bernice, Warren regards her questioningly.
- Driving to the barbershop, Warren is a little moody – he's clearly not sure what to make of Bernice anymore.
- As soon as the haircut is over, Warren's interest in Bernice dissipates. He returns to his previous devotion to Marjorie.