by Jack Kerouac
Big Sur Chapter 29 Summary
- That night Elliot refuses to sleep in his crib and instead comes out of his room to watch his mother and Jack make love. Jack takes issue with this, but Billie asks how else is he supposed to learn.
- So Jack goes along with it and lets the kid watch, though he decides that Billie is insane and he's not as crazy as he thought.
- He spends the whole week sitting in that chair by the goldfish bowl and drinking port while everyone comes to visit – Monsanto, Fagan, McLear. But he doesn't leave the chair.
- During the nights he makes love to Billie "like monsters who don't know what else to do."
- Jack calls Cody to ask when he's coming back; Cody tells him to stay put, he'll be there in a few days.
- Perry continues to visit and scare Jack by doing so; he's a strong, tough, intimidating guy. Perry tells Jack that he's drinking too much and that Cody said he (Jack) was falling apart. He says he'll take Jack to L.A. and introduce him to everyone.
- Billie tells Jack they'll get married, and not to worry because Cody wants it too.
- Jack is too drunk to understand what's going on around him.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...