What is Biology?
Biology is the study of life. As if you haven’t heard that line a hundred times before. But, Biology doesn’t stop there; you will find an amazing variety of topics and ideas on Planet Bio. Here is a little taste of what we will be investigating:
- What, exactly, does it mean to be alive? Personally, we would have a hard time imagining a life where we didn't have the ability to kick virtual butt on our PS3s, but peonies and pandas might disagree.
- How do living things "work"? What makes them tick? Or chirp, or bark, or bray? (Sorry.)
- How do living things reproduce and grow? Awkward lesson on the birds and the bees, coming right up…
- How do living things interact with each other? Do they friend each other and like each other's statuses? Probably not.
- Where did life come from, and how has it changed over time? We're talking about more than just the rise and fall and rise again of parachute pants.