The Narrator's Wife Timeline and Summary
- The woman and the man get married.
- She brings lots of pets into the home, including Pluto.
- The man begins physically and verbally abusing her.
- She escapes the burning and house.
- When the second cat follows the man home, she treats it lovingly.
- When she sees the cat is missing an eye, she loves it even more.
- She shows the man, several times, that the white fur on the cat's chest is in the shape of a gallows.
- The man continues to abuse her.
- One day she goes down to the cellar with him.
- When he tries to kill the cat with an axe, she stops him.
- He axes her in the head, and she dies and her body is concealed in the cellar wall.
- When the police investigate, the body is discovered.
Previous Page: The Narrator