The Black Heralds Questions
Bring on the tough stuff - there’s not just one right answer.
- How does the repetition of "…I don't know!" affect the reader?
- Why do you think Vallejo includes all the religious imagery to talk about human suffering?
- Can you think of any other images that describe the disappointment, suffering, and injustice of life?
- What do you think the "Christs of the soul" are? How and why do they fall?
- If you had to guess, what would you say is the philosophical perspective of the poetic speaker?
- Do they believe in an afterlife, a god, or goodness?
- Do you think all this suffering is necessary to life?
- Would we appreciate the good times without the bad?
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...