Bleak House Chapter 66 Summary
Down in Lincolnshire
- (Third-person narrator sums up.)
- Well, Sir Dedlock is back at Chesney Wold, but not totally recovered.
- Lady Dedlock has been buried in the family mausoleum. No one is told exactly how she died, and those few who do know are paid to stay quiet.
- George Rouncewell helps Sir Dedlock ride his horse.
- The stables are kept ship-shape by Phil.
- Mrs. Rouncewell is still the housekeeper.
- It's implied that when Sir Dedlock dies it'll be the end of the Dedlock family and its prominence.