Bless Me, Ultima
Cite This Page
Bless Me, Ultima Chapter 11 Summary Page 1
- Antonio's quiet bestie Cico seeks him out.
- They visit the garden of Narciso. It turns out the town drunk is a heck of a gardener.
- Cico takes Antonio to see the golden carp. Get ready, people, things are about to change big time.
- The golden carp arrives, in all its glory. In it, Antonio sees a god different from the God of his mother's church. Things are getting complicated.
- Cico tells Antonio that only a few people can see the golden carp.
- While by the water, Cico talks about the presence of the river, and lets Antonio in on a little secret: one day the golden carp will bring destruction and rid the town of sin. Yay?
- Later, Antonio dreams of the destruction that will come at the hands (fins?) of the golden carp.
- Through his dreams, Antonio starts to understand the cyclical nature of all things.