Book of Joshua
Book of Joshua Questions
Bring on the tough stuff - there’s not just one right answer.
- Joshua was called by God to lead the Israelites to a land he'd never visited before. Sounds kind of crazy to us. Have you ever felt called to do something, even if it sounded crazy?
- What is the relationship between God, Canaan, and the Israelites? Why is it vital to the Israelites to live in Canaan?
- If Joshua took place in the present, how would the world react to his actions?
- Imagine a group of people coming to your home and telling you that they live there now. How would you react? What would you do to them?
- Who are some other generals in history similar to Joshua? What qualities make successful generals?
- If you were living in Jericho while the Israelites were marching around it, what would your reaction be?
- If you were playing Joshua on the playground, who would the bad guy be?
- The Bible teaches that God is a being of love. Why do you think the Israelites thought God approved of the mass slaughter in Canaan?
- How is the land of Canaan like your high school cafeteria?
- Joshua is not a literal account of the conquest of Canaan. In what way is Joshua composed like a fairytale? Is there still a truth to the story?