The Book Thief
by Markus Zusak
The Book Thief Chapter 32 Summary
The Wrath of Rosa
- Liesel has fallen asleep, but when she hears Rosa's voice, she wakes up.
- She thinks Rosa is going to explode when she sees what's going on in her kitchen.
- Instead, she seems serious and worried.
- She also looks happy because the Jew is eating her pea soup and not "complaining" (32.7) about it.
- Then Max throws up.
- He apologizes profusely. He's been too long without food, and his stomach doesn't know what to do with Rosa's soup.
- Liesel is in the hallway, and she sees how worried her parents look.
- They seem like completely different people, people she's never seen before.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...