The Book Thief
The Book Thief Chapter 76 Summary
- The first part of 1943 is actually looking good for Liesel. In early April, Hans is making his way home by train.
- Now in the dark, he stands at the door of his house on Himmel Street. Four years ago Liesel first came through that door, then Max, and now Hans himself.
- Liesel answers the door and hugs him for a very long time.
- Rosa, Liesel, and Hans eat in the kitchen and stay up late. Hans tells them the story of his time away.
- Liesel is happy and secure now that her Papa is back. She'll stay this way for another three months.
- But, Death tells us, the story of the book thief will last for another three months after that.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
Noodle's College Search