Max Vandenburg Timeline and Summary
- Max is seen in hiding.
- He's given a copy of Hitler's book and the other tools he needs to get to Himmel Street.
- He arrives in Himmel Street and sleeps for three days.
- Fairly quickly, he develops a close friendship with Liesel.
- When Hans publically shows his sympathy for Jewish people, Max is forced to leave Himmel Street, because Hans is afraid the Nazis will search his house.
- We next see Max on the road to Dachau where he's reunited, briefly, with Liesel.
- At the end of the novel, he comes to Alex Steiner's tailor shop looking for Liesel.
- Max and Liesel have a joyful reunion.