The Borrowers Chapter 14 Summary
- Pod gives Arrietty the silent treatment until they get home, when all craziness breaks loose.
- Homily and Pod are devastated that Arrietty has been hanging out with a human behind their backs, and Pod tells his daughter that "human beans" (a.k.a. "human beings") are not to be trusted.
- And, of course, now they're in grave danger.
- Arrietty tries to defend herself by telling her parents that the boy was helping her get in touch with her uncle in order to save the race of borrowers.
- Instead of helping matters, the news from the letter only makes things worse—Aunt Lupy is missing and no one knows what to do.
- Yikes. Things look pretty dark for our borrowers…
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
Noodle's College Search