by Mary Norton
The Borrowers Chapter 15 Summary
- That night, Homily and Pod talk for hours while Arrietty is in bed.
- Homily suddenly decides that they might be "seen" at any minute by a human. And of course she does not want to be caught with her curlers in her hair, so she decides to put them in right then and there.
- Poor tired Homily.
- And it only gets worse. Homily has that old familiar feeling…
- Suddenly, the roof lifts off their house.
- It's the boy. Dun dun dun.
- Homily screams, and Pod slaps her on the back. (Come on, Pod, that wasn't called for.)
- The poor woman is scared, embarrassed, and beyond mad.
- Erupting in anger, Mrs. Clock screams for the boy to put the roof back on their house.
- But then something interesting happens.
- The boy has brought a gift: a beautiful doll's house dresser with cabinets below… and Homily likes it (the woman does have taste).
- And she wants more.
- The boy tells them he'll bring them lots of furniture and carpets and cooking pans and even a birdcage from the dollhouse, if the borrower family would like it.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...