Breaking Dawn Allusions and Cultural References
When authors give shout outs to other great works, people, and events, it's usually not accidental. Put on your super-sleuth hat and figure out why.
Literary and Philosophical References
- Edna St. Vincent Millay, (Epigraph to Book 1)
- William Shakespeare, A Midsummer Night's Dream (Epigraph to Book 2), (10.56)
- Lord Alfred Tennyson, There is sweet music here (27.23-24)
- William Shakespeare, The Merchant of Venice (29.31), (29.92-93),
- Orson Scott Card, Empire (Epigraph to Book 3)
Pop Culture References
- The Simpsons (10.40)
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
Noodle's College Search