by Stephenie Meyer
Breaking Dawn Book 2, Chapter 10 Summary
How It All Goes Down
Why Didn't I Just Walk Away? Oh Right, Because I'm an Idiot
- Back inside the Cullen house, Jacob tries to talk Bella into saving herself by aborting the pregnancy. Bella believes that she'll be strong enough to keep her heart beating until she gives birth to the child as a human, followed by "emergency vampirization."
- When Jacob hints at "his offer," she rejects him. Hurt, Jacob leaves, determined that he needs to "quit Bella cold turkey" before the pain of being near her can kill him.
- Jacob rejoins the werewolf pack. They've been informed of the news through his thoughts. Their overall consensus is: "Unnatural. Monstrous. An abomination" (10.193).
- Sam decides that the child poses a danger and needs to be killed, even if that means killing Bella. He plans a surprise attack.
- Seth and Jacob are unwilling to fight against the Cullens, but Sam forces them to obey. "No member of the pack could refuse the Alpha" (10.205).