Cite This Page
Breaking Dawn Book 3, Chapter 26 Summary Page 1
How It All Goes Down
- After spending an awkward afternoon at the Cullen house, Charlie prepared to leave. He suggests to Bella that it's better to not tell Renée about the situation. He asks Bella to stay close and she promises she will. "Now that you know just enough, I think this can work. I'll keep as close as you want" (26.19).
- Charlie says that Renesmee is the prettiest baby he's ever seen. He's just as helpless against Renesmee's magic as the rest of the family. Charlie leaves with the promise to come back again the next day.
- Like the rest of the family, Bella is proud how well she composed herself around Charlie:
I must have a superpower! It seemed too good to be true. Could I really have both my new family and some of my old as well? And I thought that yesterday had been perfect. (26.50-51)
- Annoyed by Emmett's continuing sexual innuendos, Edward asks Bella to challenge Emmett to a wrestling match. Bella easily wins the match. Emmett stalks off, furious. Fascinated by her massive strength, Bella karate chops a big rock into shards and powder. She gives a piece of rock to Renesmee, who manages to dent it.
- The ease with which Bella has adopted her new vampire life causes her to believe that she never quite fit into the human world. "It was like I'd been born to be a vampire" (26.131).