Cite This Page
Breaking Dawn Book 3, Chapter 33 Summary Page 1
How It All Goes Down
- It's been a week since Charlie saw Renesmee, so Bella decides to bring her over to see him. Her ulterior motive is to drive to Seattle to search for the address Alice has given her. Jacob, who's accompanying Renesmee to see Charlie, senses that Bella's keeping a secret. She asks him control his thoughts around Edward.
- In a sketchy part of town, Bella finds an abandoned building at the address given. She asks a stranger about J. Jenks, and she learns that the stranger's working for him. He calls Jenks and describes Bella's appearance and her relationship with Alice. The voice on the other end tells the man to send Bella to his other office.
- Before Bella takes off, the stranger tells Bella that J. Jenks's papers are expensive.
- The new address turns out to be the law office of a Jason Jenks. He welcomes Bella immediately into his office. Bella learns that he has dealt with Jasper before and has a very healthy respect for him.
- When Jenks asks Bella what kind of papers she needs, she realizes that Alice must have sent her to get forged documents for Renesmee, so that she could run in case they lose the fight against the Volturi. She also realizes that Alice wanted her to keep this a secret from Edward, because Aro would be able to read his mind and find Renesmee.
- Bella decides to order two birth certificates, two passports, and one driver's license, under the name of Jacob Wolf and Vanessa Wolf. She knows that Jacob will be able to take care of Renesmee. She makes another appointment with Jenks to pick up the documents.