by Stephenie Meyer
Breaking Dawn Questions
- How do you feel about Breaking Dawn as a whole? How does it compare, in your mind, to the other novels in the Twilight saga? Do you find it is a satisfying conclusion to the series? Why or why not? If not, what would you have done differently if you were writing the novel?
- Bella seems to thoroughly enjoy her vampire life. In fact, many characters mention that she was never meant to be human in the first place. What's your take on that argument? Was she born to be a vampire? Does she lose anything by becoming a vampire?
- How do you feel about Jacob imprinting on the infant Renesmee?
- Unlike in the other Twilight novels, Bella isn't the only narrator in Breaking Dawn. How do you feel about Jacob taking over as the narrator for a third of the book? What do we gain or lose from hearing part of the story through Jacob's voice?
- Many of the vampires we meet in Breaking Dawn have some pretty awesome gifts. Which of their gifts would you chose as a vampire, or is there any other unique gift would you like to have?
- Who would have won the final fight if the Volturi hadn't backed off? Give a punch-by-punch analysis.
- In an interview, Meyer mentioned that Renesmee is the hardest of all characters to cast for a movie. Which actress would you choose to play her and why?
- Do you think there's a chance of a love triangle between Renesmee, Jacob, and Nahuel?
- If you had all eternity to live, what would you do with your time? How would normal days in eternity play out for you?
- After finishing the Twilight saga with Breaking Dawn, Meyer mentioned that she might pick some of the minor characters to spin off a new story within the Twilight universe. Which characters would you pick to develop further? Why?
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...