Strength and Skill Theme
In Breaking Dawn, mental skills and mental strength prevail over physical strength. Although Bella is physically the strongest vampire in the Cullen family since she's a newborn, her inexperience as a fighter renders her useless against the strategic fighters of the Volturi army. On the other hand, her strength of mind and her ability to expand her mental shield around her family and friends eventually prevents a war with the Volturi. Plus, Bella possesses the mental strength to control her thirst for blood as a newborn vampire.
Questions About Strength and Skill
- Would you rather have vampire eyes or human eyes?
- Bella says that vampires see an extra color. Which one could that be?
- Is Bella's self-control a skill or a personality trait?
- When Bella first discovers her physical strength, she chops a rock, breaking it into small bits. What would you do?
- Do you think that as a vampire Bella is too powerful and too skilled? Or does her level of abilities seem to be on par with that of the other vampires?