Breaking Stalin's Nose Chapter 15 Summary
- Goal achieved: Sasha now has the Young Soviet Pioneers banner.
- He promptly decides it's a good idea to unfurl it and march around a bit with it in the deserted hall while everyone else is in class. You gotta get your kicks when you can in Soviet Russia.
- He imagines he is marching in the May Day parade, in front of Stalin himself.
- In his daydreaming, Sasha tells Stalin that his father has been wrongfully imprisoned, and Stalin gets way mad on his dad's behalf.
- Sasha gets so wrapped up in this that he accidentally hits a statue of Stalin with the metal tip of the banner, knocking the stone nose clean off its face! Dun dun dun.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...