Breaking Stalin's Nose
Cite This Page
Breaking Stalin's Nose Chapter 20 Summary Page 1
- The entire cafeteria erupts with clapping as the senior lieutenant of State Security enters the room with his lackeys.
- The gym teacher gets out the boxes of names that each teacher collected.
- The senior lieutenant doesn't look at the names, though. He simply commands that whoever broke the statue will now raise his or her hand. He seems pretty confident someone will confess, just like that.
- Sasha feels guilty, and knows that he should now admit it. He hesitates, though, and that's all the time that's needed for someone else to raise a hand.
- It's Four-Eyes. More frog-marching ensues as the State Security agents promptly drag him from the room.
- As he's being taken out, he winks at Sasha.