Breaking Stalin's Nose
Breaking Stalin's Nose Chapter 24 Summary
- On his way back to class, Sasha notices that the broken statue has been taken away.
- Not wanting to return to class yet, Sasha hangs out for a bit.
- He spies on the Russian lit class, and hears the teacher lecturing on a Russian story called "The Nose," about a nose that dresses up in a uniform and behaves as if it's a high official.
- Sasha doesn't really like the Russian lit teacher, Luzhko, because he's suspicious and doesn't act like other teachers.
- Moseying along, Sasha worries about Vovka spilling the beans on him to the principal. Once he goes to the orphanage, Sasha realizes, he won't be trusted by anyone else anymore.
- Right then and there, Sasha decides to run away.
- He's stopped, though, when he runs smack into the State Security senior lieutenant.